Tooth #1 is fixed -- two more to go!
The dentist was great; what's not to like about a dental office called "Serenity Oaks"? Even better, they are the most high-tech dentist I have ever been to (and I am a gadget boy).
Here is what they did:
- Took a 3-d picture of my tooth.
- Removed the old filling from my tooth -- leaving behind a mere shell.
- Used a laser to reshape some of the soft tissue around my tooth.
- Took another 3-d picture of the shell.
- Created a computer model of an inlay using a wireless CAD computer (I got to watch the whole process).
- Created the inlay by sending the CAD information to an onsite robotic milling machine (it took 15 minutes to create).
- Glued the new inlay into the shell of my original tooth.
I was eating lunch two hours later!
Tooth #2 is another inlay. Tooth #3 is a traditional cap.