I finally found a post office that handled m-bags. M-bags are the most inexpensive way to send international mail. The bags actually look like something carried by the Pony Express!
Under some most excellent advice from a current PCV in Namibia, I am using an m-bag to send a batch of books to myself. This reduced my total baggage weight by 9 lbs -- 9 lbs is a lot when you can only bring 80 lbs. Even better, it only cost $11!
Here are the books I sent myself:
- Don't Sweat the Small Stuff (to help stay centered)
- Mostly True Collected Stories and Drawings (for fun)
- Peace is Every Step (to help stay centered)
- The Art of Being a Healing Presence (to help stay centered)
- The World is Flat (to understand current trends)
- Maran Illustrated Computers (to help build training plans)
- Ashtanga Yoga (to help stay in shape)
- World Religions (a gift from a good friend)
- The Man Who Planted Trees (a gift from a good friend)