Saturday, November 05, 2005

M-bags

Three post offices later...

I finally found a post office that handled m-bags. M-bags are the most inexpensive way to send international mail. The bags actually look like something carried by the Pony Express!

Under some most excellent advice from a current PCV in Namibia, I am using an m-bag to send a batch of books to myself. This reduced my total baggage weight by 9 lbs -- 9 lbs is a lot when you can only bring 80 lbs. Even better, it only cost $11!

Here are the books I sent myself:
  • Don't Sweat the Small Stuff (to help stay centered)
  • Mostly True Collected Stories and Drawings (for fun)
  • Peace is Every Step (to help stay centered)
  • The Art of Being a Healing Presence (to help stay centered)
  • The World is Flat (to understand current trends)
  • Maran Illustrated Computers (to help build training plans)
  • Ashtanga Yoga (to help stay in shape)
  • World Religions (a gift from a good friend)
  • The Man Who Planted Trees (a gift from a good friend)

No comments: