Saturday, October 09, 2004

3D Movie

I'm sitting in the Wilde Roast Cafe in downtown Minneapolis.

I am experiencing a strange sort of detached feeling -- it's not a bad feeling -- it's a calm feeling.

There are sounds going on all around me. None of the sounds are so loud that they destroy the other sounds. I can direct my ears towards the Jazz singer in the background or the couple talking to the left of me. I can hear the group of friends behind me laughing with each other and the sounds from the kitchen. When I look out the window, I see cars floating by.

It almost feels like I'm watching a 3D movie that is happening all around me. Like I'm here, but not impacting what is happening. I don't feel lonely, just seperate.

I entered this detached state, when I realized that in a little while, I will be far from here, in a very different place. It's kinda like this place I am in now is becoming less real -- I think to make room for the next place.

(I know the soonest I could go is October 2005, but it actually doesn't feel far away to me)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jay,
It sounds like your senses are heightened and your mind is not distracted allowing you to notice all that is going on around you. I think this is a good thing.

Often, our daily concerns keep us from noticing things we should otherwise enjoy like the contrast of colors that dry corn fields make against the green grass and the blue sky.

If you are aware of all of these things I'd say that you are in a good place.