Wednesday, August 25, 2004

The Path Ahead

As of yet, I have not been accepted into the Peace Corps, and if I am, there are still a number of hurdles to cross. Here is what I have done so far:

  1. Applied
  2. Submitted references
  3. Had an interview

Here is what I have left:

  1. Wait for nomination (into the national pool)
  2. Get medical and dental clearances
  3. Get legal clearance
  4. Get placed
  5. Wait for an invitation (upon receiving an invitation, the recipient has 10 days to review the invitation package and decide whether to accept it)

I have decided that if I am not accepted into the Peace Corps, I will find some other way to go where the most help is needed. That thought is a little scary to me, because I have really become attached to the idea of being in the Peace Corps. The more I learn about the Peace Corps, the more I appreciate what it is trying to accomplish.

Tonight I will send an email to my recruiter and ask her how things are going...

1 comment:

Jay Haase said...

Sounds like fun -- as long as I don't have to sing!