Thursday, August 26, 2004

Getting Stuck

I have a friend that feels stuck.

    I've felt stuck before, and it is a terrible sort of "non-feeling". I knew where I was at, and what I was supposed to do, but for some reason I could not do it. It was almost as if I was watching myself in a detached way, wondering when I would get going. Now that I think about it, its more like I was out of gas. From what I have read, this is a common feeling for Peace Corps volunteers at some point during their service.
    I think I am going to make a list of all the things that give me gas (like refried beans) and then tuck the list away in a type of emergency kit for myself. I'll make the kit look official and fill it with all sorts of interesting things that make me smile. I include phrases and poems that help me through difficult times. I think I will also ask people to write me secret notes stored in sealed envelopes that say "Open in Case of an Emergency". I'll put the secret notes in an especially safe area of the emergency kit.

I think I will give my friend a secret note in an sealed envelope that says "Open in Case of an Emergency".

No comments: