Friday, August 20, 2004

How a Goal Is Changing What I Value

It's easy for me to understand how my values affect my choice of goals.

I never realized before, how much my goals also affect my values. Obviously, discord happens when I select a goal that does not match my values (but still, many of us do select mismatched goals for some strange reason -- a topic which would be fun to discuss over a few beers). I now see that when I select a goal that matches my values, a wonderful synergy starts to occur:

    Slowly, behind the scenes, the goal strengthens my values (it hints and whispers to them that they are correct). My values being encouraged in such a way, begin to strengthen and validate the goal...
    At this point I am reminded of the words of Eddie Brickell: "choke me in the shallow waters before I get too deep..."

Have a good night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Or as Truman wishes he'd said "Know thyself and to thine own self be true". You're in a nobel struggle and it will only get better!