Friday, May 13, 2005

Small, Unexpected Moments

There are these small, unexpected moments in my life when I realize how different my views and values are from others. Sometimes when this happens, I feel deeply and completely alone.

During these times I question how I really feel and even what it is that I do feel -- like when I can't tell if an old memory is of a real event or just the fringes of some faded dream I had long ago.

I didn't always have these moments.

There are these small, unexpected moments in my life when I realize how different my views and values are from others. Sometimes when this happens I feel deeply joyous in the core of me.

During these times I know I am on the right path. I feel calm and whole and I wonder what took me so long to find this way.

I didn't always have these moments, or feel this alive.

No comments: