Friday, October 29, 2004

Guna

If you’ve been reading my blog for a while, you might have noticed an underlying theme to many of my posts. I haven’t been trying to do that on purpose. It’s kinda just happened that way.

For much of my life, I have been focusing on becoming a good listener and understander of other people.

The last few years, a number of things happened in my life which pushed me in another direction – focusing on becoming a good listener and understander of myself. I know this has changed my life for the better.

As I have been learning to listen to myself, I have noticed some strange things (about myself – go figure) and experienced previously unnoticed feelings.

Tonight is no exception. I know there is something going on inside of me – it has been there for the last few days. I also know that if I stop and listen, I will learn what it is.

The strange thing is that I am avoiding listening. I'm doing all those things I do when I am trying to escape from myself. All this effort to avoid is making slightly annoyed and kinda tired.

I’m guna be brave and go listen to myself now.

No comments: